Kicking off as part of Leeds International Festival 2018 and to celebrate the launch of the One Foot In The Rave exhibition, KAOS 30th Anniversary Classical Uproar Concert will bring back nostalgia from ‘back in the day’ and a new sound for a new generation. The concert will feature music from the Classic Uproar band, with strings and vocalists, as you travel with them on a musical journey through the ages, reminiscing about tunes that once shook the world. Including DJ sets from the legendary performers Marshall, Brandon Block and Mark Alexander, this is one not to be missed.
One Foot in the Rave is a week long exhibition created by Tony Hannan, creator and promoter of KAOS. The exhibition will revisit the revolutionary clubs that kickstarted the dance music scene in Leeds, and influenced the rest of the UK and the world. Each night, the exhibition will play host to a chinwag session with the legendary names that created them.
Clubs included are Up Yer Ronson, Back to Basics, Hard Times, Orbit, Soak and Vague – and talks included in the lineup for the chinwag sessions include Tony Hannan himself, Graeme Park, Suzy Mason, George Evelyn, Nic Gundill, Steve Raine and Dave Beer.One Foot in the Rave is supported by LeedsBID and is part of Leeds International Festival. You can find out more information on the full programme of events and purchase tickets here.
Competition entries close on Wednesday 25th April. Full Terms & Conditions below.
SOYO KAOS ANNIVERSARY TICKETS COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
- When entering this competition, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions and guidelines stated below.
- The Promoter of this prize draw is SOYO Leeds.
- The Promoter is offering entrants of this promotion a chance to win 2 x tickets to the KAOS 30th Anniversary classical concert.
- To qualify entry for this prize draw, entrants must either tag a 1+ person in the comments section on the competition post on Facebook or RT (retweet and tag in 1+ person) on Twitter.
- Entrants must be UK residents. This promotion is not open to any employees of the Promoter or any of their affiliate companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this prize draw.
- One entry is permitted per person. Late, misdirected, incomplete or illegible, entries will not be accepted.
- This promotion is open to entries from 07.00 on 13th April 2018 until 23.59 on 25th April 2018.
- There is one prize to be won. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable and there is no cash alternative offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of greater or equal value. In the event of circumstances outside the promoters reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to temporarily or permanently, discontinue or modify this promotion without prior notice.
- The winner will be selected from all valid entries received during the promotional period, winner will be selected using a computer process that produces a random result.
- Each winner will be notified within two working days of the draw via Facebook direct message or Twitter direct message to the account from which the entry was made and will be asked to provide their full name, address and relevant contact details. If a winner fails to respond within 1 working day of this notification, a redraw will take place from the remaining valid entries to select a new winner. If any winner declines a prize or fails to respond within the required period, they forfeit any right to the prize.
- The prize is to be collected at the concert venue on the night of performance (28th April) at Leeds International Festival Speigeltent Millennium Square Leeds LS1 1UR, where the winners names will appear on the guest list. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility lost, misdirected or delayed entries. It also does not accept responsibility for software failures, network or computer issues.
- The Promoter reserves the right to remove any inappropriate or offensive entries and disqualify any entries if the Promoter, at its sole discretion, believes that there has been an attempt to manipulate or tamper with the operation of the promotion (including, without limitation, by setting up multiple Instagram, Facebook or other social media accounts in order to submit multiple entries).
- You agree to be bound by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the promotion.