Exciting times for Leeds Playhouse. Its major refurbishment plans are well under way, but they weren’t going to let a little bit (okay, a lot) of scaffolding and rubble get in the way of providing the city with their much loved, feel good and up lifting productions.
Armed with a talented ensemble working together to create a major body of work for this season. The Pop Up Theatre in association with SOYO Leeds is located in one of the previously used workshop places which has been transformed into a 350 seat theatre, to ensure we stay true to the mantra, the show must go on!
View this post on Instagram
Road 5 – 29 Sep, Pop-Up Grab your coat, grab your bag and join us to roll in the gutter and dance under the glitter ball. Through one raucous night, we meet the many bold, browbeaten and brave residents on an unnamed Northern street. Written by Jim Cartwright. Directed by Amy Leach
The first in the exciting Pop Up Theatre series is ROAD. Written by Jim Cartwright, this poetic masterpiece follows the trials and tribulations of a group of people, all from different backgrounds who have one thing in common – they live on the same road. Directed by Amy Leach, the play set in the north of England explores the past lives and ongoings through the eyes of a drunken tour guide during one night that succeeds in giving a voice to the abandoned Northern communities back in 1987. Richard Cartwright’s timeless piece is as much relevant today as it was in the 80s and just as powerful.
SOYO Leeds have teamed up with Leeds Playhouse to give one lucky winner the chance to win two tickets to see ROAD on Friday 7th September. You can enter via Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Full terms and conditions are below
SOYO LEEDS PLAYHOUSE ROAD TICKET COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
- When entering this competition, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions and guidelines stated below.
- The Promoter of this prize draw is SOYO Leeds.
- The Promoter is offering entrants of this promotion a chance to win 2 x tickets to a performance of ROAD at the Leeds Playhouse Pop Up Theatre on Friday 7th September.
- To qualify entry for this prize draw, entrants must tag 1+ person in the comments section on the competition post on Facebook, RT (retweet and tag in 1+ person) on Twitter or comment and like on the Instagram competition post.
- Entrants must be UK residents. This promotion is not open to any employees of the Promoter or any of their affiliate companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this prize draw.
- One entry is permitted per person. Late, misdirected, incomplete or illegible, entries will not be accepted.
- This promotion is open to entries from 07.00 on 24th August 2018 until 23.59 on 2nd September 2018.
- There is one prize to be won. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable and there is no cash alternative offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of greater or equal value. In the event of circumstances outside the promoters reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to temporarily or permanently, discontinue or modify this promotion without prior notice.
- The winner will be selected from all valid entries received during the promotional period, winner will be selected using a computer process that produces a random result and announced on the 4th September.
- Each winner will be notified within two working days of the draw via Facebook direct message or Twitter direct message to the account from which the entry was made and will be asked to provide their full name, address and relevant contact details. If a winner fails to respond within 1 working day of this notification, a redraw will take place from the remaining valid entries to select a new winner. If any winner declines a prize or fails to respond within the required period, they forfeit any right to the prize.
- The prize is to be collected at the Leeds Playhouse Box Office before the chosen performance on the 7th Septembers. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize, once selected, the date of performance cannot be changed.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility lost, misdirected or delayed entries. It also does not accept responsibility for software failures, network or computer issues.
- The Promoter reserves the right to remove any inappropriate or offensive entries and disqualify any entries if the Promoter, at its sole discretion, believes that there has been an attempt to manipulate or tamper with the operation of the promotion (including, without limitation, by setting up multiple Twitter, Facebook or other social media accounts in order to submit multiple entries).
- You agree to be bound by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the promotion.